Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Electronics Lab

Ok, after some help from Rory I am feeling much better about this lab. I have no idea what I did wrong in my previous lab. But things are working now.

Measuring Voltage
I'm getting a reading of 17-ish volts for my direct power connection into the breadboard, and a reading of 5.02 v off of the regulator.

A Basic LED Circuit
My soder job sucks!! But, yay. It worked. The LED glow does not nearly match my internal glow at getting it to work. Maybe my resistor is too high.


LED in Series
Put this in wrong the first time. But worked like a charm after I made sure things were connected to the power line.




Components in Parallel
The parallel setup worked too. Though, really am not sure what I am measuring. Took out the power side of one LED but left the ground connected. I then placed the red line against the location the power of the LED would have gone and got no reading. There didn't seem to be any location that I placed the meter that I would get a read....





Generating Variable Voltage with Pontentiometer
Well, the good news is that I am getting better at sodering. Managed to achieve some pretty solid soder this time, unlike last time where my wire simply came unhinged after I detached it. However, the bad news is that I solidly soder-ed a red wire to my ground location. Looks like I now need an additional lesson to un-soder if there is such a thing.

Also, I could get my LED to light up with the Pontentiometer-but not if I was using a resistor (and it was the same resistor I used on the previous exercise so I know that it works).

No comments:

Post a Comment